Autzen Stadium was constructed to accommodate a little more than 41,600 spectators in the late 1960's.
Since then, the stadium was expanded to accommodate a capacity of 54,000 patrons and is riding a string of 89 consecutive sellouts.
The Zen North project – a makeover of the stadium’s north berm – not only was designed to provide an unmatched appeal accentuating a unique feel of the Pacific Northwest, it supplies fans who reside on the north side of the bowl increased options of getting to and from their seats.
Eight new stairwells of varying lengths have been interspersed along the north side of Autzen Stadium ranging from the east to the west ends of the facility, supplementing the two original stairways at the opposite ends of the venue. In addition, horizontal walkways have been added to ease the slopes of the northeast ramp that served as one of the primary options for fans to reach the top of the stadium’s north side, as well as a pair of water fountains that will allow those in attendance to refill plastic water bottles.
Due to the relocation of the Ducks’ game-day locker room, one change in the pedestrian flow for fans entering and exiting the stadium via the southeast ramp will result from the visitor’s locker room being moved from inside the west end of the stadium bowl to the outer edge of the east end of Autzen. With visiting players and coaches utilizing that area to enter the playing field during pre-game, halftime and post-game activities, spectators may experience a minimal detour in and out of the East Gate to allow visiting teams to clear the area. In an attempt to minimize potential congestion, the East Gate stadium entry will not be accessible until 90 minutes before kickoff.*
In an attempt to accommodate the pedestrian flow, an additional staircase has been added towards the bottom of the southeast ramp to help fans move from the East Gate to their desired location.
The game-day policies designed to encourage an unparalleled fan experience will remain intact.
• The east Autzen Stadium parking lot will open four hours prior to kickoff, with fans discouraged from arriving early and idling along Martin Luther King Blvd. Overnight parking is not available.
• Independent parking vendors are subject to their own hours of operation.
• Perimeter gates surrounding Autzen Stadium, which includes access into the Moshofsky Center, will open three hours prior to kickoff (*with the exception of the East Gate), as will the ticket office near the stadium’s main entrance on the south side.
• The football team’s March to Victory will commence approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes prior to the start of each home game, commencing near the front entrance of the Athletic Department’s new Hatfield-Dowlin Complex before entering the west end of the Moshofsky Center and emerging out the east end near Autzen Stadium. Team members will then walk between the stadium and the east end of the Casanova Center before heading west to their locker room.
• Fans will be allowed into the stadium’s seating areas 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
• The University’s ban of the use of all tobacco products on property owned or controlled by the University of Oregon again will include inside as well as the surrounding vicinity of Autzen Stadium.
• Bags and backpacks will be permitted inside the stadium upon inspection by security personnel at points of entry. Factory sealed non-alcoholic beverages and empty plastic containers also will be allowed. Partially filled containers, vacuum or insulated containers and thermoses will not be permitted into the stadium.
• Patrons will be asked to empty contents of non-sealed containers before stadium entry is allowed.
• Courtesy transportation for disabled and senior patrons will be available via trams from the lower concourse of the stadium, beginning three hours before kickoff and from 30 minutes to one hour following the conclusion of the game.
• Unacceptable behavior on the part of spectators may result in expulsion from the facility and a revocation of future ticket privileges. Season ticket holders are responsible for the behavior of others using their tickets.
• As per Pac-12 Conference rules and for the safety of players, coaches and game officials, spectators will not be allowed field access until 5 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
Fans are encouraged to enjoy the plaza area between the Casanova Center and the new Football Performance Center before and after each game, however there will be no public access into either facility on game days.
The University has revised the policy pertaining to the size of stadium seats, stadium chairs and/or seat cushions fans will be allowed to bring into any facility that serves as a site for intercollegiate athletic competition, limiting the size to a maximum of 17.5 inches wide by 13.5 inches deep. The height of seat backs may not exceed 19 inches while seat cushions may not exceed four inches in height and seat back cushions may not exceed four inches in depth.
Seat backs may be rented inside Autzen Stadium for $6 per game.
Spectators are again urged to take advantage of alternative means of transportation to and from all games, or take advantage of opportunities to park near the University campus and walk to the games across the Autzen Footbridge.
Secured bicycle parking will again be available for each home game for only $1 per bicycle. The Duck Pen will open three hours prior to kickoff and close one hour after the game. Proceeds collected from bicycle parking will be donated to various children’s charities throughout Lane County.
LTD will provide shuttle service via the Autzen Express, with buses beginning service four hours before kickoff and running approximately every 10-20 minutes from eight Park & Ride locations. Return trips will be available only during halftime and for 60 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
Round trip bus fare (cash only) is $3.50 for adults (19-64) and $1.75 for youth (6-18) and seniors (65 and older), which represents a reduction from the $6 fare from a year ago. All fares will be collected at the Park & Ride locations and will not be accepted for return trips only. All valid LTD passes and 10-Ride tickets also will be accepted.
Autzen Express Season Passes can be purchased for $24.50 and $12.25 at the Eugene Station’s customer service center or online at shop.ltd.org, and are good for all seven regular-season home games.
The Park-and-Ride Locations are as follows:
• LTD Eugene Station (Bay I)
• Lane County Fairgrounds (13th & Jackson)
• South Eugene High School (19th & Patterson)
• Valley River Center (Northwest parking lot)
• LTD River Road Station (River Road & Beltline)
• LTD Springfield Station (355 South A Street)
• Symantec (555 International Way)
• Thurston High School (333 59th Street)