In a game that the Oregon men had to have to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive, the Ducks…
Ducks Over Beavers 74-73
Oregon improves to 20-8 for the season and 11-5 in the conference.
Ahmad Starks had 18 points and Angus Brandt 16 for the Beavers (15-13, 5-11).
The Ducks held a slim 33-32 lead at the half when Ashaolu made a turnaround jumper near the top of the key. In the second half Oregon extended its lead by 10 but Oregon State battled back and in the final second of the game reduced the Oregon lead to one but could on a Jared Cunningham follow up dunk shot. However, with just over one second left in the game Singler made a smart play by throwing the inbound play down court to a breaking Carlos Emory and the Beavers were unable to reach Emory in time to foul allowing the game to end.
- Oregon has reached 20 wins for the second straight season. It marked just the third time in school history UO has produced consecutive seasons of 20+ wins.
- The Ducks improved to 15-5 this year when holding a halftime lead (led 33-32) … the Ducks are now 6-3 in road Pac-12 games.
- Garrett Sim established new season-highs for points (25), field goals made (10) and field goals attempted (14). Sim reached the 1,000-point mark in the win over OSU. He now with 1,001 career points in 130 games.
- Tony Woods (one block) set a new single-season school record for blocks (now with 43 this season). The previous mark was 42 held by Blair Rasmussen set in the 1986-86 season.
- Olu Ashaolu (16 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 10th time this season. It was the fourth time in six games that Ashaolu scored in double figures.
- Devoe Joseph scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half. It's the 14th straight game Joseph has scored in double figures (and the 21st time in 22 games this season).
- The Ducks were limited to just two made field goals during an eight-minute stretch in the first half (12:35 - 4:35).
eDuck.com Recommended Stories
Spencer Recaps Oregon Official Visit
Monrovia (Calif.) athlete Octavius Spencer was in Eugene over the weekend on an official visit to Oregon. What did he think of his time there? Find out belowRead More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Colorado Post Game: Marcus Mariota
Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota speaks to the media following Oregon's 44-10 win over Colorado on 11/22/14.Read More
Defense Demoralize Buffaloes
Oregon dominated the offense in all four quarters despite not forcing a turnover against Colorado.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More