Search this site
Junior College Football
Ducks Over Beavers 74-73
Posted Feb 27, 2012
Behind the hot shooting of senior guard Garrett Sim and Devoe Joseph and the aggressive play of Olu Ashaolu and E.J. Singler, the Oregon Ducks notched the 20th win of the season by beating Oregon State in Corvallis, 74-73.
hit for 25 points on 10-for-14 shooting including 4-of-7 in 3-pointers.
contributed 16 points each. Ashaolu was particularly tough pulling down eight rebounds.
hit for 13 points with an assortment of jump shots and driving to the basket.
improves to 20-8 for the season and 11-5 in the conference.
had 18 points and
16 for the Beavers (15-13, 5-11).
The Ducks held a slim 33-32 lead at the half when Ashaolu made a turnaround jumper near the top of the key. In the second half Oregon extended its lead by 10 but
battled back and in the final second of the game reduced the Oregon lead to one but could on a
follow up dunk shot. However, with just over one second left in the game Singler made a smart play by throwing the inbound play down court to a breaking
and the Beavers were unable to reach Emory in time to foul allowing the game to end.
- Oregon has reached 20 wins for the second straight season. It marked just the third time in school history UO has produced consecutive seasons of 20+ wins.
- The Ducks improved to 15-5 this year when holding a halftime lead (led 33-32) … the Ducks are now 6-3 in road Pac-12 games.
- Garrett Sim established new season-highs for points (25), field goals made (10) and field goals attempted (14). Sim reached the 1,000-point mark in the win over OSU. He now with 1,001 career points in 130 games.
(one block) set a new single-season school record for blocks (now with 43 this season). The previous mark was 42 held by Blair Rasmussen set in the 1986-86 season.
- Olu Ashaolu (16 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 10th time this season. It was the fourth time in six games that Ashaolu scored in double figures.
- Devoe Joseph scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half. It’s the 14th straight game Joseph has scored in double figures (and the 21st time in 22 games this season).
- The Ducks were limited to just two made field goals during an eight-minute stretch in the first half (12:35 - 4:35).
Sim, Joseph Bull Ducks Past Buffs
Mar 1, 2012
And 1: Oregon 68, Stanford 64
Feb 21, 2012
Ducks Dominate In Regular Season Finale
Mar 3, 2012
Get the 2014 Recruiting Yearbook and a full year of
Magazine with an Annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from eDuck.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > Oregon
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft