In a game that the Oregon men had to have to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive, the Ducks…
Ducks Over Beavers 74-73
Oregon improves to 20-8 for the season and 11-5 in the conference.
Ahmad Starks had 18 points and Angus Brandt 16 for the Beavers (15-13, 5-11).
The Ducks held a slim 33-32 lead at the half when Ashaolu made a turnaround jumper near the top of the key. In the second half Oregon extended its lead by 10 but Oregon State battled back and in the final second of the game reduced the Oregon lead to one but could on a Jared Cunningham follow up dunk shot. However, with just over one second left in the game Singler made a smart play by throwing the inbound play down court to a breaking Carlos Emory and the Beavers were unable to reach Emory in time to foul allowing the game to end.
- Oregon has reached 20 wins for the second straight season. It marked just the third time in school history UO has produced consecutive seasons of 20+ wins.
- The Ducks improved to 15-5 this year when holding a halftime lead (led 33-32) … the Ducks are now 6-3 in road Pac-12 games.
- Garrett Sim established new season-highs for points (25), field goals made (10) and field goals attempted (14). Sim reached the 1,000-point mark in the win over OSU. He now with 1,001 career points in 130 games.
- Tony Woods (one block) set a new single-season school record for blocks (now with 43 this season). The previous mark was 42 held by Blair Rasmussen set in the 1986-86 season.
- Olu Ashaolu (16 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 10th time this season. It was the fourth time in six games that Ashaolu scored in double figures.
- Devoe Joseph scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half. It's the 14th straight game Joseph has scored in double figures (and the 21st time in 22 games this season).
- The Ducks were limited to just two made field goals during an eight-minute stretch in the first half (12:35 - 4:35).
eDuck.com Recommended Stories
Ducks Communicate and Dominate
Oregon focused on communication, intensity, and details in the run-up to last week's 42-30 domination of UCLA in Pasadena. It paid off, as the running game, pass protection, and defensive tightening…Read More
West Recruiting Blog
Get the latest from Scout.com's National Director of Recruiting and West Recruiting Manager Brandon Huffman right here on the recruiting happenings out West...Read More
Winston Making an Impression
The Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic 2016 linebacker, Lamar Winston, has a Pac-12 offer already and more schools interested...Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More