PULLMAN - WSU men’s basketball’s first-ever PREseason FUNKtion was the biggest party on campus…
Ducks Take Stanford 68-64
E.J. Singler's 20 points was the eighth time this season he's gone over the 20-point mark and was aided in the Oregon cause by Olu Ashaolu with 14 points.
With the win, the Ducks now are tied fourth spot with Arizona in the Pac-12 Conference Tournament seeding at 10-5 and if Oregon can hold onto the seeding, it would mean that they would have a bye on the first day of the Pac-12 Tournament.
Josh Owens had 20 points while Dwight Powell chipped in 11 for Stanford (18-9, 8-7). The Cardinal was held scoreless in the last 3:45 after taking a 64-61 lead on Owens' dunk.
- Ducks are now 9-1 when holding their opponents below 70 points … UO improved to 12-3 this year in games decided by less than 10 points (5-2 in games decided by less than five points).
- It was just the third time this year Oregon won despite trailing at halftime (3-4 this year when trailing at the half).
- The Ducks out-rebounded their opponent for the 14th time this season (UO is 10-4 in those contests). - E.J. Singler (20 points) led the team in scoring for the eighth time this season. It was the fifth time this season Singler has scored 20 or more points. He became the 31st player in school history to reach the 1,000-point mark in the game (now with 1,015 career points in 98 career games).
- Olu Ashaolu (14 points and 10 rebounds) registered his second double-double of the season (28th of his career).
- Devoe Joseph (12 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 13th straight game. Joseph has scored 10 or more points in 20 of the 21 games he's played in this season.
eDuck.com Recommended Stories
Pac-12 Hoops Media Day Notebook
SAN FRANCISCO -- Some quick hit comments from Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott on the state of the Pac-12 and some new initiatives that are coming this men's basketball season, including an update on…Read More
Ducks Head Out to Take on Cal
Oregon heads to drought-stricken California to face the Bears and their potentially potent offense. The Ducks have strung together two balanced and convincing wins on the road and at home, with…Read More
eDuck Podcast — Cal Preview
No. 6 Oregon travels south to take on a high-powered California offense on Friday night. Jake and Robby have your full preview here on the podcast.Read More
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More