Search this site
Junior College Football
Ducks Take Stanford 68-64
Posted Feb 19, 2012
It took the Oregon Ducks (19-8, 10-5) nearly the whole game to get the lead, but behind some hot shooting by E.J. Singler and a stingy defense, the Oregon Ducks over came the Stanford Cardinal 68-64. Singler ended the contest with 20 points, five rebounds and three assists.
(25) shoots over
(24) during the second half at Maples Pavilion. Oregon defeated Stanford 68-64. Mandatory Credit: Jason O. Watson-US PRESSWIRE
E.J. Singler's 20 points was the eighth time this season he's gone over the 20-point mark and was aided in the Oregon cause by
with 14 points.
With the win, the Ducks now are tied fourth spot with
in the Pac-12 Conference Tournament seeding at 10-5 and if Oregon can hold onto the seeding, it would mean that they would have a bye on the first day of the Pac-12 Tournament.
had 20 points while
chipped in 11 for Stanford (18-9, 8-7). The Cardinal was held scoreless in the last 3:45 after taking a 64-61 lead on Owens' dunk.
- Ducks are now 9-1 when holding their opponents below 70 points … UO improved to 12-3 this year in games decided by less than 10 points (5-2 in games decided by less than five points).
- It was just the third time this year Oregon won despite trailing at halftime (3-4 this year when trailing at the half).
- The Ducks out-rebounded their opponent for the 14th time this season (UO is 10-4 in those contests). - E.J. Singler (20 points) led the team in scoring for the eighth time this season. It was the fifth time this season Singler has scored 20 or more points. He became the 31st player in school history to reach the 1,000-point mark in the game (now with 1,015 career points in 98 career games).
- Olu Ashaolu (14 points and 10 rebounds) registered his second double-double of the season (28th of his career).
(12 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 13th straight game. Joseph has scored 10 or more points in 20 of the 21 games he’s played in this season.
Since We Last Spoke: Oregon
Feb 19, 2012
And 1: Oregon 68, Stanford 64
Feb 21, 2012
No. 2 baseball to host Vandy in season opener
Feb 17, 2012
Get the 2014 Recruiting Yearbook and a full year of
Magazine with an Annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from eDuck.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Baseball > Stanford
Basketball > Oregon
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft