Former teammates Cobbs and Joseph trade offensive fireworks, but California remains atop Pac-12…
Ducks Drop Close One to Cal
Oregon is now 18-8 for the season and 9-5 in conference play as California improves to 21-6 overall and 11-3 in the Pac-12.
Oregon hit 54.1 percent of its field goals, on 33-of-61 shooting. Meanwhile Cal was 55.7 percent in field goal shooting on 34-of-64 shooting.
Joseph's former teammate at Minnesota, Justin Cobbs led California with 28 points.
Carlos Emory had 11 points and Olu Ashaolu added 10 for Oregon.
Turnovers were Oregon's major weakness against the Bears turning the ball over 22 times though a stingy Cal defense added to Oregon's ball handling woes. Cal had 15 turnovers.
Oregon returns to action this Sunday at 4:30 p.m. (PT) with a road game against Stanford.
- The Ducks are 5-4 this season in true road games (4-3 in Pac-12 road games).
- Tony Woods (two blocks) tied the school record for blocks in a season. He now shares the record with Blair Rasmussen who tallied 42 blocks during the 1986-87 season.
- Devoe Joseph scored a career-high 33 points. It was his second 30-point game of the season. He is the only UO player to drop 30 in a game this season.
- Carlos Emory (11 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the fifth time in six games.
- E.J. Singler finished with eight points which snapped a streak of six straight games where he scored in double-figures. Singler is just five points shy of reaching the 1,000-point mark for a career.
- Olu Ashaolu (10 points) scored in double-figures for the eighth time this season.
eDuck.com Recommended Stories
Cumberlander: 'Oregon hype is deserved'
Gus Cumberlander is excited about his future as an Oregon Duck. The defensive end out of Georgia goes in-depth with Scout about his commitment...Read More
Week 12: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risks! Since the…Read More
Spencer lands Oregon offer
Monrovia (Calif.) athlete Octavius Spencer landed his first Pac-12 offers on Sunday from UCLA and Oregon. What's next for the rising prospect?Read More
Basketball Signs Top 100 Recruit
EUGENE, Ore. – Kendall Small, an ESPN top 100 recruit, has signed a National Letter of Intent to join the Oregon men’s basketball team next season, head coach Dana Altman announced Saturday.Read More
Hardin blasts Goodell over Peterson case
Adrian Peterson’s defense attorney Rusty Hardin blasted the NFL commissioner over his handling of Peterson’s suspension, saying he is trying to make up for the NFL’s handling of the Ray Rice situation…Read More