Former teammates Cobbs and Joseph trade offensive fireworks, but California remains atop Pac-12…
Ducks Drop Close One to Cal
Oregon is now 18-8 for the season and 9-5 in conference play as California improves to 21-6 overall and 11-3 in the Pac-12.
Oregon hit 54.1 percent of its field goals, on 33-of-61 shooting. Meanwhile Cal was 55.7 percent in field goal shooting on 34-of-64 shooting.
Joseph's former teammate at Minnesota, Justin Cobbs led California with 28 points.
Carlos Emory had 11 points and Olu Ashaolu added 10 for Oregon.
Turnovers were Oregon's major weakness against the Bears turning the ball over 22 times though a stingy Cal defense added to Oregon's ball handling woes. Cal had 15 turnovers.
Oregon returns to action this Sunday at 4:30 p.m. (PT) with a road game against Stanford.
- The Ducks are 5-4 this season in true road games (4-3 in Pac-12 road games).
- Tony Woods (two blocks) tied the school record for blocks in a season. He now shares the record with Blair Rasmussen who tallied 42 blocks during the 1986-87 season.
- Devoe Joseph scored a career-high 33 points. It was his second 30-point game of the season. He is the only UO player to drop 30 in a game this season.
- Carlos Emory (11 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the fifth time in six games.
- E.J. Singler finished with eight points which snapped a streak of six straight games where he scored in double-figures. Singler is just five points shy of reaching the 1,000-point mark for a career.
- Olu Ashaolu (10 points) scored in double-figures for the eighth time this season.
eDuck.com Recommended Stories
Ducks Communicate and Dominate
Oregon focused on communication, intensity, and details in the run-up to last week's 42-30 domination of UCLA in Pasadena. It paid off, as the running game, pass protection, and defensive tightening…Read More
West Recruiting Blog
Get the latest from Scout.com's National Director of Recruiting and West Recruiting Manager Brandon Huffman right here on the recruiting happenings out West...Read More
Winston Making an Impression
The Portland (Ore.) Central Catholic 2016 linebacker, Lamar Winston, has a Pac-12 offer already and more schools interested...Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More